From September 2017, schools will receive a share of £300m per year, jointly funded by The Departments for Education, Health and Culture and Media and Sport. This Physical Education and Sport Premium funding is ring-fenced and must be used to provide sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and Sport in school.
Each school receives £16,000 plus £10 per pupil in Y1-Y6. We have 289 in Y1-Y6 and will receive £18890 of PE and Sport Premium funding for the 2018-2019 academic year.
All pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
Key Outcome Indicators
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity, kick-starting healthy and active lifestyles
- The profile of PE and School Sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Increase confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
PE and Sport Premium at DCPS
Please see the attached documents below for more information relating to our use of the PE and Sport Premium.
The PE and Sport Premium enables us to employ two members of staff: a PE and School Sport Leader; and a PE and School Sport Coach. Employed exclusively for PE and Sport, our two members of staff are able to focus their time on fulfilling the five key outcome indicators of the PE and Sport Premium in the following ways:
- Planning, delivering and assessing of a high-quality and broad PE curriculum
- Staff development and coaching, including an observation and mentoring sequence
- Preparation for and access to an established inter-school competition programme
- Comprehensive extra-curricular sport club programme
- Marathon Kids programme used as a tool to ensure whole-school regular physical activity
- Extensive lunchtime sport provision, including a Y5-6 Playground Leader programme
- Work closely with community partners to link pupils to community clubs and groups