PE and School Sport Premium
From September 2017, schools will receive a share of £300m per year, jointly funded by The Departments for Education, Health and Culture and Media and Sport. This Physical Education and Sport Premium funding is ring-fenced and must be used to provide sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and Sport in school.
Each school receives £16,000 plus £10 per pupil in Y1-Y6. We will receive £18980 of PE and Sport Premium funding for the 2017-2018 academic year.
All pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
Key Outcome Indicators
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity, kick-starting healthy and active lifestyles
- The profile of PE and School Sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Increase confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport