Ofsted Inspection July 2017
Desford Primary School had a Section 8 Ofsted short inspection on the 5th July 2017. The resulting report can be found below and by clicking here.
The headline inspection judgement in the report is that "This school continues to be good".
These are some of the key findings in the report:
- The school has “…. established a clear vision for the school, building on previous successes and strengthening the school still further”.
- The school has “………carefully recruited new staff and has built a strong team of teaching staff. This, combined with the professional development, is supporting continued improvement in the quality of teaching. Everyone is committed to further improving outcomes for pupil”.
- “There is an all-pervasive caring ethos.”
- “Pupils are proud of their school and they show respect and consideration for each other and their teachers”
- “Pupils have very positive attitudes to learning”
- “Pupils conduct themselves impeccably around the school and in classrooms where they concentrate, apply themselves to their work and confidently offer contributions to class discussions”.
- “The school has a strong culture of safeguarding”
- “Parents are almost unanimous in their praise for your school”
Parental feedback on our school gathered at the time of the inspection can be found on the Ofsted Parent View website accessible here.